29 September on Faculty of Law was passed a scientific conference «The first step into the science». First and second year students were acquainted with special fetures of scientific life. They got to know about different projects and grants, in which SSU takes part.Students were motivated to work in scientific sphere and after finishing the conference had an opportunity to choose the direction of further work and show the desire to enter the Scinetific community of students, postgraduate students, Ph.D. candidates and young scientists of Sumy State University. (more…)
On March 17 the faculty of law of Sumy State University held the final scientific conference of the second round of the All-Ukrainian student research works in the field of science “State administration” (Legal direction). The competitive commission was headed by Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor, Vice Rector for Research of SSU Chornous A.M. The commission includes Doctors and Candidates of Law, Economics and Public Administration, including the dean of the law faculty of SSU – an honored lawyer of Ukraine, Doctor of Law, Professor Kulish A. M., Head of the subdepartment of SSU AHPFEB Doctor of Law, Associate Professor Burbyka M. M., PhD in Public Administration, Associate Professor of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine Degtyaryova I. O., PhD in Public Administration, Associate Professor of National University of civil Defense of Ukraine Dombrovska S.M.
On 17 of April 2015 the Department of Theory and History of State and Law of the faculty of Law of the SSU carried III All-Ukrainian scientific-practical conference “Socio-political processes on the Ukrainian lands: History, Problems and Prospects”
The main issues which will be discussed at the scientific event:
– historiography and historical aspects of political and legal processes in Ukraine;
– from the history of Ukrainian legal opinion;
– the role of personality in the history of the country;
– prominent scientists – lawyers and historians;
– development of Ukrainian culture from ancient times to the present;
– topical issues of regional history of Ukraine;
– the history of state institutions on the Ukrainian lands;
– the formation of the government agencies in a “transition period”;
– parties and public organizations: history and modernity;
– Ukrainian lands in the system of international relations. (more…)
The final stage of the All-Ukrainian competition of student’s scientific research works in legal sciences of 2014/2015 academic year was finished. It was held at the Yaroslav the Wise National Law University.
The second round was attended by 213 student works from 59 universities of the country. According to the results of the external review, 122 works are recommended for further defence. The faculty of law of Sumy State University was represented by 12 students, 4 of them won winning places. (more…)